Replicas from the Master's Hand
Model of the “Järnäcke” cello
Extremely responsive; grandiose, deep sound; multi-hued upper harmonics; bright, singing A-string.
Model of the “Gore Bouth” cello
This cello has a very evenly balanced, rounded shape.
Brilliant, carrying sound, clear and well defined; superior response and tonal change capabilities.
Model of the “Goffriller” cello
Here is an instrument that is slender and very stylish.
Well-balanced sound; wonderfully singing, exuberant sound.
For superior sound:
- high-quality, long-seasoned acoustic wood
- one or two-piece back
- accurately dimensioned craftsmanship
- full arching at the acoustic centre
- split bass bar and sound post adjusted to correct position
- bridge made of finely grained wood, cleanly cut
- carefully chosen strings
- flexible, thinly applied varnish which is self-made
For comfortable playing:
- string height and separation which match the player's hands
- easily-adjusted pegs and fine tuners
- neck height and width reduced to just what is needed
- optimum stop dimension
- outstandingly crafted fingerboard profile and curvature
For visual effect:
- With masterful craftsmanship, all aspects of the modelled original are recreated with great style.
(for example: the scroll, purfling, corners, button, etc.)
- The varnish is applied with a brush. It imparts to each instrument its very own beauty.
The Bowed Stringed Instruments
of Günter H. Lobe
Would you like to know more? Here is where you will find my own masterpiece instruments and replicas. You will also see which models I make the most often.