Self-designed models as well as replicas from the Master's hand
Viola designed by Guenter Lobe
The Guenter Lobe Viola earned a prize at the Seventh International Violin Contest in Cremona, Italy. It can be made in any size in common use.
Wide, original shape; big booming sound, deep and warm; quick response.
Model of the “Archinto” viola
This instrument can be made in any size in common use. The sound is lovely, balanced, expressive, and warm.
For superior sound:
- high-quality, long-seasoned acoustic wood
- one or two-piece back
- accurately dimensioned craftsmanship
- full arching at the acoustic centre
- split bass bar and sound post adjusted to correct position
- bridge made of finely grained wood, cleanly cut
- carefully chosen strings
- flexible, thinly applied varnish which is self-made
For comfortable playing:
- string height and separation which match the player's hands
- easily-adjusted pegs and fine tuners
- neck height and width reduced to just what is needed
- optimum stop dimension
- outstandingly crafted fingerboard profile and curvature
For visual effect:
- With masterful craftsmanship, all aspects of the modelled original are recreated with great style.
(for example: the scroll, purfling, corners, button, etc.)
- The varnish is applied with a brush. It imparts to each instrument its very own beauty.
The Bowed Stringed Instruments
of Günter H. Lobe
Would you like to know more? Here is where you will find my own masterpiece instruments and replicas. You will also see which models I make the most often.