Antonius Stradivarius models
A well-balanced, brilliant tone and an easy responsiveness characterize these violins.
Guarneri „del Gesý“ models
The Guarneri "del Gesý" models have a shorter body than the Stradivarius models and are therefore very comfortable to play.
Beautiful rich tone, warm and dark on the deep strings; beautifully singing A- and E-strings.
Baroque instruments or copies of your own original instruments can be custom-built on request.
For optimal tone:
- High-quality tonewood, stored for many years
- One- or two-piece back
- Workmanship of the highest precision
- Full arching along the center line
- Hand-split bass bar and soundpost positioned with the greatest care
- Fine-grain wood bridge, carved with precision
- Choice strings
- Thinly applied, flexible self-made varnish
For good playability:
- Ideal elevation and distance between the strings guarantee comfortable playing
- Easily adjustable pegs and fine tuners
- Fingerboard length and breadth reduced to the bare essentials
- Optimal scale proportions
- Careful shaping of the fingerboard arch and hollow
For visual pleasure:
- All details are stylishly adapted to the model (scroll, purfling, corners, edges, ...).
- The varnish is applied with a brush, conferring unique beauty to every instrument.
- All models are available with antique, slightly shaded or full-varnish finishing.