D. Montagnana model
This model was designed after the Järnäcker cello of 1742. It is a very wide model but only 75.0 cm long. Its qualities include a very easy responsiveness, deep, dark volume, rich overtones and a singing A-string.
Antonius Stradivarius models
These cellos have a very well-balanced round form. The body is ca.75.8 cm long. Its qualities include a brilliant, very clear and distinct tone with excellent carrying power, optimal responsiveness and modulation capacity.
A very slender and elegant model. The body is 76.0 cm long; well-balanced, beautifully singing impressive tone.
Baroque instruments or copies of your own original instruments can be custom-built on request.
For optimal tone:
- High-quality tonewood, stored for many years
- One- or two-piece back
- Workmanship of the highest precision
- Full arching along the center line
- Hand-split bass bar and soundpost positioned with the greatest care
- Fine-grain wood bridge, carved with precision
- Choice strings
- Thinly applied, flexible self-made varnish
For good playability:
- Ideal elevation and distance between the strings guarantee comfortable playing
- Easily adjustable pegs and fine tuners
- Fingerboard length and breadth reduced to the bare essentials
- Optimal scale proportions
- Careful shaping of the fingerboard arch and hollow
For visual pleasure:
- All details are stylishly adapted to the model (scroll, purfling, corners, edges, ...).
- The varnish is applied with a brush, conferring unique beauty to every instrument.
- All models are available with antique, slightly shaded or full-varnish finishing.